At the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence, we appreciate the investment of our volunteers’ time toward the future of those that matter most!
The Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence aims to enable all young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. Volunteers will facilitate this by providing support, guidance, and friendship to our young members in a group setting.
• Model and support positive behavior in the school
• Encourage academic excellence
• Take the lead in supporting members through an ongoing, group relationship
• Serve as a positive role model and friend
• Build the relationship with the members by planning and participating in activities together
• Strive for mutual respect
• Build self-esteem and motivation
• Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
• As little as 1-2 hours per week!
• Be at least 16 years of age
• Be interested in working with young people
• Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
• Be willing to complete the application and screening process
• Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
• Have a reliable mode of transportation
General Volunteer Application
To apply to volunteer, access this General Volunteer Application online. Please download, fill it out and send it via email to email@example.com or bring it by the administrative office.
If an organization or group wants to volunteer, check out this helpful document >> Group Volunteer Tips
High School Volunteers
The Boys & Girls Club proudly accepts High School Students as Volunteers and their position is no different from any other volunteer. Because we cannot run a standard background check on applicants under the age of 18, we require three (3) school references from the high school applicant’s school (faculty, staff, or administration). Each reference must sign the high school volunteer application in order for the reference to be valid. Please fill out the High School Volunteer Application.*
*Please note: If the applicant is still attending high school and is at least 18, the applicant will be required to fill out a General Volunteer Application in lieu of the High School Volunteer Application.