At the Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence we appreciate the investment of each and every one of our volunteer’s time to impacting the futures of those who matter most!
As you consider volunteer opportunities and have questions, please contact:
Hannah Odette at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Volunteer Opportunities
The Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence’s aim is to inspire and enable young people to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens. Each volunteer will help us accomplish that goal by providing group support, guidance and friendship to our young members in a group setting at our Club sites or at a special event.
- Model and support positive behavior in the school
- Encourage academic excellence
- Take the lead in supporting members through an ongoing group relationship
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build relationships with the members by planning and participating in activities together
- Strive for mutual respect
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Meet / be in contact with your site’s Program Manager monthly
- Attend initial training session and additional training sessions throughout the year
- You choose your own hours! (within the after-school time period ~3pm-6pm)
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Reside in Lawrence
- Be interested in working with young people
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures
- Be willing to complete the application and screening process
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments
- Have a reliable mode of transportation
General Volunteer Application
To apply to volunteer, access the volunteer application. Please download, complete and send completed application to email@example.com or bring it to the administrative office at 1520 Haskell Avenue.
If an organization or group wants to volunteer, please fill out the group volunteer application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 1520 Haskell Avenue as well.